Friday, January 28, 2011

We're the Cicak Man!

After presenting my proposal and a few negotiations with Camp 5 , they've finally agreed to sponsor my fund-raising project by subsidizing me 30% of the total fees collected! With the helps from friends and new friends that I've made through the climb, it was a successful activity which attended by 32 people! And also not forgetting those who came and gave their moral supports. =)

It was one-hour climb where we experienced 3 types of walls with different heights and challenges. Seriously, organizing this climb was really a big challenge to me as I have acrophobia. But I really want to do this, to overcome it! OK. This picture below was the warm up wall we had. It might look easy like that-not very high. But i personally think this was crazy and the worst! Because they didn't have any safety thingy tied up to you and if you fall, you fall! So no matter what you have to hold yourself there until you got to the top.



The second climb was higher but not as tough and stressed as it had us all tied up nicely and secured well. You know you're safe with those. It was a 8m castle wall. We all looked terribly ugly when we climbed especially to those who were watching us from below. Nah, nobody climbs gracefully anyway!

And this was the autobelay wall, 12meter. It took like forever to reach the top! and for my climb I used the autobelay device which I kinda like it! But not the part where I have to descent from the top on my own; meaning to you have to do a FREE FALL from 12m. Imagine that! How could they do this to me, an acrophobia poor girl! I literally took more than 10min to convince myself to let go and the whole centre could hear me yelling all the way down!

It all ended too fast and too long. For each climb it seemed ages but one hour passed in a blink. It was indeed a very challenging game and I think I fall in love with wall climbing now. I will go back there again and get myself properly trained up and get rid of the damn height problem.

I just love the day we climbed and everyone enjoyed themselves alot. It was a big success I would say! And I wouldn't have done this without the helps and participation from all of them. I'm so blessed and thankful =)


No comments: